Why do an emailing course when you can Google Translate & Deepl your mails?
Germans and English-speaking people write differently. Culture doesn’t always translate well, especially when AI technology does it. Lost in translation can lead to
- cultural miscommunications,
- even serious faux-pas.
You will learn.
- how to write in the language for English speaking people,
- a basic understanding of these cultural differences,
- a whole bunch of typical mailing phrases and when to use them,
- typical grammar mistakes to avoid,
- how to use two online tools to correct & improve your written English.
After just 3 hours, you’ll be able to understand all the key elements of email writing, have an arsenal of phrases, and learn how to use the 2 splendid time-saving online tools to improve your mails.
What we cover in more detail:
- Recognising the differences between Formal (F), Professional Standard (PS) and Informal mails (I), and basic mailing etiquette.
- Discuss case studies of translation faux-pas.
- Learn about 17 types of functional phrases for your mails.
- Understand how to make use of the ‘Mirroring’ technique to build your own mail reply.
- Write your own ‘Professional Standard’ style mail.
- Learn checklist of how to correct your own mail
- Review typical ‘grammar’ mistake traps, and practice correcting an example mail.
- Find out how to use Grammarly and Wordtune to help correct and improve your mails.
- After the session, you will also receive a short individual feedback film of your ‘professional standard’ mail.
- 1 PDF course workbook.
- 1 A3 desktop Quick Search Email Phrases (Priced at €2.99.)
- An individual video feedback to your practice mails.
- 1 copy of the ‘English Like A Native’ at a PDF (Priced at €14.99).
- A certificate of participation
Costs: 120€ + VAT per person (class size limited to 6 participants).