Check out today’s Teatime Titbit: Monday Motivation. Early bird catches the worm.
Not convinced! I’m an early bird at heart and always trying to push the envelope and get up that little earlier. Now I’m at around between 4.30 and 5am. The only downside is, my body clock doesn’t let me sleep in at the weekend!!
Casey Neistat, popular YouTuber and former Navy Seal Commander (American special forces) Jocko Willink are early risers too and present in this vid strong arguments to develop an early bird rhythm in this vid. https://youtu.be/C-Cvl3_CH2A
Here are 10 items of vocabulary to help you understand it.
- To head (to a place) = gehen (in eine Bestimmte Richtung)
- Non-negotiable = nicht verhandelbar
- To pass out = (Am. Eng) schlafen gehen
- To be supposed to = sollen
- To butcher the bio = das Lebenslauf auseinandernehmen
- Arduous (training)= anstrengend
- Grind = Plackerei
- To be ahead of the curve = der Zeit voraus
- To blame sb = jdm die Schuld zuschreiben
- At the crack of dawn = bei Tagesanbruch
QOTD. Are you more of an early bird or a night owl?
Early bird catches the worm (Morgenstund hat Gold im Mund), not convinced (nicht überzeugt), to push the envelope (bis an die Grenze gehen), downside (Kehrseite), to sleep in (sich) ausschlafen, early riser (Frühaufsteher).
P.S. I can highly recommend the Jocko’s book, which aims to help businesses solve their problem with Navy Seal tactics.