Check out today’s Teatime Titbit: Randomsome 4.
As part of the Randomsome week, here is no.4 and 5 phrases for your discussions.
- To have a clue about sth. “They didn’t have a clue what we were talking about”.
- No-brainer. “We have to do this – it’s a no-brainer”.
- To elaborate on sth. “Can you elaborate a little more on that?”
- To dispute sth. “I don’t dispute (your enthusiasm/expertise etc)“.
- To go down well. “We dropped the p(rice) bomb and it didn’t go down well”
To have a clue about sth (keine Ahnung haben), No-brainer (Das versteht sich von selbst / Selbstläufer), to elaborate on sth (auf etw näher eingehen), to dispute sth (bestreiten), to go down well (Das ist nicht gut angekommen)
2 Gedanken zu „Randomsome 4.“
Great start to the day! The automatic publishing of your in advance prepared posts perfectly matches my breakfast time. Thus I can enjoy a delicious edutainment early in the morning. Thanks. 🙂
BTW, just a little note: it should be „Ahnung haben“ in your vocab list, „keine“ is redundant here
Hi Jenny, glad to hear it and thanx for the vocab tip – you live & learn. cheers.