Check out today’s Teatime Titbit: Slang up your Friday.
A bit of fun on Friday – 5 slangers (made-up word) and a vid to go. Have you ever heard of the following 5 slang words/phrases?
- have a butcher’s
- use your loaf
Here’s a clue, do you know which every day verbs they are ‘more or less’ synonyms of? Think, sell, put, throw & look.
Any warmer? What about some example phrases?
- Chuck me the newspaper, would you?
- I wanna have a butcher’s at the footy pages.
- Hey, listen, Man Utd are apparently gonna flog Rooney to Real.
- No, they won’t, use your loaf, he’s their only half descent striker.
- Anyway, I’m off, bung the paper back in my bag when you’re done.
Give up ?! – here are the answers:
chuck – throw, flog – sell, bung – put, use your loaf – think*, have a butchers – look
*Check out a nice vid with an example of ‘use your loaf’ https://youtu.be/JyuUbY2BgCk
Have a great weekend Teatime Titbit Nation.
Ein Gedanke zu „Slang up your Friday“
Sounds a bit like Duden’s „Jugendwort des Jahres“ 😉