Check out today’s Teatime Titbit: What’s on this weekend?
Another week of grind is nearly over and the weekend is just a few hours away. Have you made any arrangements yet? What are your plans or do you just go with the flow?
What you do at the weekend COULD be shown in percentages and the words ‘fixed‘ or ‘unfixed‘
- I’m playing badminton a friend on Saturday afternoon. (fixed) 90% – nothing is 100% sure). We use the Present Continuous form for appointments/Arrangements
- I’m going /planning to play footy with some friends park at the weekend. (unfixed) 70% – it is still in the planning process until you decide on a time then it’s arranged/fixed (see above) We use the ‘be going to (do sth)‘ for future PLANS.
- I may (50%)/might (40%) play footy on Saturday, (it depends on ….)
- I’m thinking of playing footy at the weekend. (20%) N.B. after ‘of‘ use the verb+ing form
- I haven’t got a clue. (0%) Let’s see what happens.
Whatever is on at the weekend, I hope you have a good one!
Grind (Plackerei), to make arrangements (Hier: sich verabreden ), to go with the flow (mit dem Strom schwimmen), appointment (Termin)